dinsdag 4 maart 2014

the start of something... not so new

Here I am, starting a blog. I've done this several times, and let's just say I'm not so good at keeping it up as I am at starting. Why then a new try? Because I want to catalogue some things.

It's Fat Tuesday, tomorrow (actually in 7 minutes) Lent will start and I feel I need to do something this year. I feel inspired, as over the past few weeks I have found several blogs and sites that are about people making a conscious effort in making their life better. No more supermarkets, using no plastic, a daily act of kindness: all are examples of different peoples efforts.

What will I do? Well as I plunge headlong into this blog, I have yet to set firm goals. But some of the things going through my head are:
- visiting the market in our village every week for (mainly) fresh fruit and veg
- using that fruit and veg without binning it because I forgot I had it
- eating less meat (we eat meat nearly everyday, my aim is 2 meatfree days a week)
- making myself what I can, instead of buying readymade. This will for the moment not include bread, as I have this weird breadbaking phobia. But you never know, I tackled puff pastry with success, so...

 So these are my goals for now. Are they clear and concise? Not really, but they are things I have been wanting to do and there is no time like the present. Wish me luck!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten