donderdag 20 maart 2014

Day 16

As the weekend approaches, so do my opportunities for cooking. During the week I tend to go for easy and reheatable, but I try to do something more elaborate when I can. Plus, most of my baking is weekend related.

This weekend I have a party to go to where the men bring something savoury and the women bring something sweet. I'll be making noth though. I have some goat's cheese that is calling for buttery puff pastry, so the savoury is sorted.
But what to make for the sweet? A luscious cheesecake? Snickers Cupcakes? Dense chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache? Or lemoncake, red velvet, bananabread, carrot cake, cherry pie... The possibilities are nearly endless. I'll go to the market this weekend and get inspired, because right now, I have no idea.

The meat decrease is still going, with a lovely fish dinner out yesterday and tofu today. I'm not giving up meat, as the croquette at lunch today proved, but I'm not craving meat at all. I am enjoying the fish and veg, so good news there!

Now, to search for a recipe for something sweet...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten