vrijdag 14 maart 2014

Day 10 - Pi(e) day

Today is Pi day, the day we celebrate the wonder that is pi. The circumference of a circle divided by the diameter. 3.1459 etc. So what do we do? We eat pie! I explained some colleagues about today and got several versions of blank stares, confused looks, disinterested shrugs and enthousiastic smiles. Some of my colleagues are nerds too, it helps.

I made a cherry pie or my colleagues yesterday, which we ate today. I used sour cherries because the pie itself is pretty sweet anyway, and that was a really really good choice.
And dinner? Pizza pie! That was a frozen one though, I haven't made pizza dough myself (yet). But another point on my list: no meat as it was a tuna pizza.

My shopping trips are going well too, I got heaps of veg today (cauliflower, courgette, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, green bell pepper, leeks and endive) together with goat's cheese, a red french cheese and smoked mackerel. I will plan some pretty nice meals with these! And I told the veg guy about the chocolate mousse, he looked very intrigued. Maybe I have a new convert for avocado/choc mousse?
I made the banana version in the past week, it was divine. Less cocoa than the pure version, but the banana takes the raw atertaste away. Next up: peppermint chocolate mousse...

I don't think I ever made endive before, so I will either be googling recipes or going through my cookbooks for the next few dayw looking for the perfect combination. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten