vrijdag 7 maart 2014

Day three

I went grocery shopping yesterday, and I came home with (amongst other things) avocados. I love these suckers. On their own, in sushi, as guacamole, I love it. So I made something I hadn't made before: avocado chocolate mousse. It's really really simple: just add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of cocoa (in my case: two and half) to a ripe avocade and mix. You can use a handmixer, blender or a machine, I used a hand blender. The mixture is not liquid enough for my table blender. You can use a bit of water (as I did anyway) or some milk (rice/soy/almond if you want to keep it vegan) to loosen it though.

My husband didn't really like it, but he's not one for heavy chocolate flavours. I did enjoy it a lot, though I was surprised by the slight "raw" aftertaste. Not something I'm used to, and not unpleasant, but if you're making this for someone you don't know that well, you might want to add a bit more honey or a very ripe banana (the most common added recipe I ound online) to take that away. Next time, I'm adding either a banana or some

Definately one to repeat. Especially for others, and then not tell them it isn't regular mousse until afterwards. Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it, right?

This weekend I hope to turn my hand at sushi. I love it, but haven't made any in a while. And since we'll be away on Sunday at a comic book fair, taking along sushi seemed a really good idea. It's quite expensive to buy though, so I prefer making it if I get the chance. Most of the ingredients I have anyway, just need to decide what fish to add.

In a different vain: if you're reading this, drop me a line in the comments!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Just read it :) And the problem of keeping a blog up to date (as you wrote in your previous blog) is very familiar to me :) Love to blog, just keep forgetting or find the time. Good luck with this one!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Silvia :). It's going well so far, but finding the time is the hard bit. But I'll keep trying!

      Verwijderen