zaterdag 15 maart 2014

Day 11 - A typical weekend

For us, a typical weekend is being away with friends doing fun stuff. We are volunteers for theDutch Star Trek fanclub, and we started our day packing the next issue of our magazine. This is accompanied by much talking, nice background music, coffee, more talking and in this case, millefeuilles brought by one of the others. Because of Pie Day yesterday, I declined, knowing what was to follow.
After lunch (smoked chicked, crispy bacon and ansjovie-mayo sandwich, lovely, need to repeat at home)we went to see an exhibit about celebrities in advertising. It had some nice memories for us, lots of nostalgic images.

Home, I set of to use the endive I bought yesterday. Googling a recipe I found a potato-endive casserole. And realised just how much moisture there is in endive. It wilts a lot and leaves lots and lots of... endive-juice I guess. So the casserole was kindof soupy, but it did taste really nice.

Now, I have some banana-blueberry muffins in the oven, as the guys this morning were complaining that I hadn't made them any pie. Tomorrow we're going geocaching, and the mufins will come in very handy during the hike around a castle and its park.

So, more homemade today. And a typical weekend.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Cooking is a never-ending experiment. Unless you're me, in which case all the magic happens in the magnetron. :) Also, "as the guys this morning were complaining that I hadn't made them any pie." They want pie, they make pie! I believe the Star Trek approach was based on the equality of all. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ah, infinite diversity in infinite combinations. So we're different, yet equal. In this case the difference would be that I like baking and they like eating ;)

      Verwijderen